Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to training and a little bit of history

Today marks my first day on training for parkour again, after 4 months of no training. And I also decided to make this blog, to document my parkour journey.

History first. Okay, so I started my parkour journey on Novermber 2008. I discovered it where else but on Youtube. (The internet played a major role in making Parkour popular. ) I immediately started training on my own, with instructional videos of experienced and credible traceurs as my guide, such as those of Parkour Generations. I began with conditioning my body for the physical activities that Parkour offers. Preparation of the body is essential in this discipline to avoid injuries.


About 5 months after of training alone, I contacted the local group here in the Philippines, and had my training with them. Parkour Philippines or PKPH taught me the essentials of Parkour. Since then, I went back to training alone and it went on for almost a year. But I had to stop training for 4 months, because I was busy finding work.

Now I'm back. I'm really excited to feel pain again and to free my movement again! My plans are to do basic conditioning and training again. Need to review my parkour lessons again. haha.

1 comment:

  1. I am so amazed by your will power and determination.I wish i have those too. Anyway, just keep working hard and harder. You can do anything if you put your whole self into it. I'm so proud of you.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete